Monday, July 19, 2010

Let the madness begin...

Okay. I am super-tired of this joke about cleaning the house.
Here's how it usually goes:
Me: "Can I do Event XYZ that involves my friends coming over for an extended period of time?"
             (Note: "Extended period of time" is any time long enough for
              people to actually enter the house and see it in its "natural
              state." Also, I'm past caring what other people think of the
              house because I know it's not all my fault, but this is getting
              pretty ridiculous. Anyway, back to my joke...)
Mom: "No. The house is too messy, and since you never decided to clean after the last time you asked, I don't think it's fair of you to think you're entitled to having friends over." Or something like that...
Me: "Oh, okay. Well I'll just go back to not vacuuming, not dusting, and not organizing then."

Now, I'm not completely innocent here. After all, I have her genes. But there comes a point where you look at all the crap that's accumulated for no good reason and you begin to wonder if this is where you'll be in twenty years. Dear God, I hope not.

Starting with my room.
Pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment